Israeli military admits for first time to firing on car carrying 5-year-old Hind Rajab as it opens criminal probe
- The Israeli military acknowledged for the first time on Wednesday that it opened fire on the vehicle carrying 5-year-old Hind Rajab in Gaza and said it had opened a criminal investigation into the killing.
- The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) had previously denied involvement in the January 2024 killing, saying months later that a preliminary investigation found its forces were “not present near the vehicle or within firing range” of the vehicle.
- Rajab was one of seven family members traveling in a vehicle in northern Gaza on when they came under Israeli fire.
Unverified
- The Israeli military acknowledged for the first time on Wednesday that it opened fire on the vehicle carrying 5-year-old Hind Rajab in Gaza and said it had opened a criminal investigation into the killing.
- The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) had previously denied involvement in the January 2024 killing, saying months later that a preliminary investigation found its forces were “not present near the vehicle or within firing range” of the vehicle.
- Rajab was one of seven family members traveling in a vehicle in northern Gaza on when they came under Israeli fire.
Sources: CNN